Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions Customers
1. Cottages of Northumbria Ltd ("the Agent") acts as booking agent on behalf of owners of holiday accommodation ("the Owner"). The letting arrangements are made by the Agent on behalf of the Owner and the contractual relationship in connection with the letting will be between you and the Owner. The Agent is not and will at no time be party to that contract.
All bookings are accepted on the following terms:
2. No contract exists until full payment or a deposit of 33% of the rent (minimum of £125) is received, and our confirmation of the booking has been dispatched. The holidaymaker becomes liable for the balance of the rent (where applicable) and this must be paid no later than six weeks before the commencement of the holiday. A non- refundable booking fee of £25 is added at the booking stage. If you pay by credit card a surcharge of 3% will be added to the cost of your holiday by the bank. There will be no charge for payment by Debit cards.
3. If you have to cancel a holiday for which you have contracted, we will do what we can to re-let the property and if we are successful, we will refund any payment made by you, less a £50 (plus VAT) administration fee and the £25 (including VAT) booking fee. If the Agent is unable to re-let the booking, the booking is forfeit and the balance is still payable on the due date. If the property is re-let at a discounted price then the difference in the reduced cost, due to cancellation, must be taken into account before the refund is made. Please note: Credit card charges are not refundable.
4. If it proves necessary for us to make a change in your holiday booking for any reason, including the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the owner, by overbooking or any other reason, we will endeavor to make an alternative booking for you, or failing this, we will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, we shall be under no further obligation or liability in this respect. Any alterations to the booking made by you in respect to changes to dates or property, will incur an administration charge of £30 (including VAT).
5. Website accuracy. To the best of our knowledge the details provided by the Owners relating for their Property/ies described on the website/s are correct at the time of inputting. Property descriptions and prices may be subject to change. If any material inaccuracies or price changes in any published description of the Property are brought to our attention, we shall endeavor to correct them in future publications and inform the Holidaymaker. The Agent reserves the right to amend any inaccuracies including description, services and pricing. If the alterations prove unacceptable to the Holidaymaker then we will endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation or if this is not agreeable or possible for whatever reason, then a full refund of monies paid will be given. The Agent is not liable for any extra costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid for by the Holidaymaker. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website.
6. No person in the Agent's employment has any authority to make or give any binding representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any holiday accommodation or otherwise.
7. Keys must be collected from and returned to the key holder or designated location. Can we suggest that you do not take the cottage keys out with you when you go out and that you leave them instead in the secure key box, where provided, with the code numbers scrambled.
Please note: In the event that you do lose the keys to the cottage then you will be charged for replacement keys and call out.
8. The booking is for the number of persons allowed at the property and must not exceed this number. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded without prior consent, the owner has the right to revoke the booking without refund or, in the event this is discovered following guests' departure, then the owner has the right to charge an additional amount to cover costs.
9. You must not assign or part with the possession of the property or any part of it, or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form
10. You must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining property or adversely affect any insurance of the property and also ensure that the floors are not overloaded.
11. The holiday maker should allow the Property Owner or his representative/s access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of holiday.
12. You will be responsible for any damages to the holiday home including furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects. Anything broken or damaged should be reported to the Agent immediately by email or telephone. Every effort should be made to repair, or replace with an article of similar type and value. If this is not possible, any damage or breakage should be reported immediately to the Agent by email or telephone and paid for by the Holiday maker before departure. The holiday maker is to keep the Property and all its furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair, condition and cleanliness it was found at the commencement of your holiday. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Holidaymaker’s occupancy and for any consequential loss. The Property Owner also reserves the right to make a claim against the Holidaymaker for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
13. On occasions the Owner may request a refundable damage deposit. The Owner shall be entitled to deduct from this deposit the cost of remedying any breaches of your obligations.
14. Complaints - If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday home, then this should immediately be reported to the owner or the Agent. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying any complaint, but will refer the complaint to the Owner. Complaints which are not reported immediately, will not be entertained subsequently and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
This Complaints clause is without prejudice to any course of action the Holidaymaker may have against the Property Owner.
15. Force majeure - No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Agent or the Property Owner, where the Holidaymaker or his personal property (and/or any person in the Holidaymaker's party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Agent or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by any event which the Agent or the Property Owner could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control or the Agent of the Property Owner.
16. Dogs are only allowed at properties that are advertised as allowing a dog/dogs. If a Holidaymaker takes a dog to a Property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the Property or make the Holidaymaker leave the Property before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Holidaymaker shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
17. The Holidaymaker is liable for all damage caused by his/her pets. The Holidaymaker should remove all traces (inside and out) from the Property of pet occupation before final departure. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Holidaymaker’s occupancy. The Holidaymaker must not allow pets upstairs at any time, on beds or on any furniture within the Property and pets must not be left alone in the Property at any time. If the Holidaymaker breaches this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may notify the Holidaymaker of the breach and if the Holidaymaker continues to breach this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may make the Holidaymaker leave the Property before the end of the Holiday. If this happens the Holidaymaker shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
18. Payment for pets is £10 per dog for a short break of up to 4 nights and £20 per dog for breaks of 5 nights plus. Payments for pets should be made at the time of booking, if for whatever reason the pet/s is not paid for in advance, then we will reserve the right to take payment in full.
19. Guest should arrive after 4.00 p.m. on the arrival day and vacate the Property by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure unless prior arrangement has been agreed with us or the owner.
20. Lost Property. Please note, we charge a £10 plus VAT administration fee plus postage and packaging costs to return lost and left property. Please note items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
21. All of our properties are NON Smoking – therefore smoking is not permitted anywhere in/on the property.
22. All bookings are subject to a £25 booking fee, which is non refundable. The booking fee is inclusive of VAT @ 20%. VAT number 9946791
These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you at the time when you completed the Booking Form.
Join our Mailing List
Search for a holiday cottage now